Thursday, October 17, 2013

Halloween Yarn Wreath






In the spirit of the season I made a Yarn Wreath. I have seen SO many of these on Pintrest and they looked so easy to do!!

I used the following supplies:

-1 larger roll of Orange Yarn ( just got it at walmart )
- 16in Styrofoam Wreath ( This one is a flat surface one, I couldn't find a round one but that works too )
-Various hanging Halloween decor sold in the Halloween section of Walmart 
-Some 2 1/2 in Deco Ribbon 
-roll of Halloween Mesh Ribbon sold in the halloween dept as well, i have never seen this stuff before but it is very popular this year!


I didnt take pictures of the wrapping of the yarn, kinda self explanatory. It took a while to do this part of it, I have seen some many different ways of doing, i just kept it neat the first wrap and then went around 2 more times just filling in the spots. The last wrap i made sure to keep with some sort of the same design so it didnt look too messy. 


I took of picture how i attached the bow, i used some christmas wire stuff and it worked awesome! 


The decorations are totally up to how you want it to look and all that. The possibilities are completely endless! My sweet husband didnt think the ribbon bow matched at all but its all in the eye of the beholder right?! 

In the end im in love with it and it looks so perfect on our door! Couldn't be happier!   



No comments:

Post a Comment