Thursday, November 7, 2013

Halloween Treats!




This is a bit late for halloween but could be altered for Thanksgiving treats!

My sister in law & I got together to make Carmel Popcorn & Halloween Puppy Chow. 

Here is the recipe i used for the Puppy Chow:    Halloween Puppy Chow
I did make 1 alteration and that was using some broke up pretzel pieces and covering them in the carmel we used for the carmel corn. I wanted to add a sweet and salt touch and these were perfect! 


I forgot to get the exact recipe from my sister in law for the carmel corn but pretty much, air popped the popcorn & then made a carmel recipe from karo syrup, brown sugar, butter and vanilla. It turned out AMAZING!!

What I'm really focusing with this post is our packaging. We decided to do Mason jars for the popcorn and then i used my Silhouette Cameo to cut the letters & then used ribbon and deco mesh to do the rest. My sister in law came up with wrapping the deco mesh on the jar and I thought that was so cute!! The treats bags were just bought at Wal-mart and were more for the kiddos :-) I think over all they were a hit! 


No comments:

Post a Comment